The Problem With PowerPoint

Judy O’Connell on her blog today posted on the great boredom and wasted time and energy that comes with PowerPoint used poorly.  Her post, of the same title as above, gives a good run-down of the issues and challenges.

I made my humble contribution to the discussion in the comments, but also offer this funny reflection on PowerPoint use.  I must use this one day with the teachers at my school to hopefully get some minds ticking over in a humorous way.

[kml_flashembed movie="http://www.youtube.com/v/HLpjrHzgSRM" width="425" height="350" wmode="transparent" /]

One thought on “The Problem With PowerPoint

1. Robert, it was nice to hear from you in your recent comment at Heyjude about the use and purpose of powerpoint. You provided some great reflections in relation to ppt in primary years, and a very good reflection on the issue of visual literacy in learning. I also enjoy the video about ppt you have above – a little comedy and fun are always good additions to our more serious mode of teacher reflection. I first saw the video when Bob at McAuley pointed it out to me. We share, we learn, we improve! Cheers.